Transitioning your wardrobe to cooler temps doesn’t have to take all weekend. Here are a few tips that helped me:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. Before putting summer pieces away, check for stains and if it has been worn, give it a good wash. This will prevent the soiled areas from setting in and eliminate frustration when I go to wear it and find it needs cleaned first. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. Organize like items from casual to dressy. Skirts with skirts. Jeans with jeans. Blouses with blouses. This one action, besides putting things back where you found them, will make getting dressed less stressful!⠀⠀⠀
3. I like to transition my colors by the spectrum. ROYGBIV. My own personal color wheel 🌈This eliminates overlooking items that can get lost between bulkier garments.
4. I’ve heard it’s best to store brimmed hats upside down so they keep their shape. Not sure if this is a fact, but worth a try.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
5. Fold sweaters over a felt hanger so they are easily accessible and don’t stretch out of shape. My pet peeve is those should bumps you get when your sweater hangs too long.⠀⠀⠀
6. Place empty paper towel roll inside tall boots to keep them from folding over and creating unwanted creases.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
7. Monitor what you don’t wear, do the hard thing and give it away or consign it...someone else will love it!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
How have you organized your closet?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
(Closet inspo image ❤️ @my_philocaly)
Comments will be approved before showing up.